Director of Banqueting – Toronto, Ontario
We are currently searching for a Director of Banqueting for a major property in Toronto. This property is seeking the talents of an outstanding individual who will possess excellent large volume banqueting and quality all-round food and beverage knowledge
The candidate will oversee the entire banqueting operations to ensure that all financial goals are met and superior service standards are maintained at all times. You will have a minimum of at least 5 years of progressive background with emphasis in banqueting and events work experience with strong knowledge of food & beverage.
· Must possess skills in listening, coaching, multi- tasking, prevention and motivation, customer service, time management, multitasking, organization, written/verbal communication and interpersonal relations.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, prioritize workloads, attentive to detail, meet deadlines, trouble shoot, negotiate, make decisions and ability to be diplomatic.
· Provides support to customers and builds strong relationships to ensure client success with event presentation. Discusses contracts agreements, details and inquiries with external clients to ensure needs are met.
· Contacts suppliers to ensure contract compliance and inquire about provided services. Will research other facilities practices and conduct site visits with upcoming shows and events.
· Ensures customer satisfaction, assists internal departments to improve awareness and has the ability to service clients with clear, friendly, direction.
· Provides leadership by advising, guiding, instructing, responding, assessing and negotiating with customers.
· Lead, trains and coaches staff in this very busy operation.
· A University/Community College degree/Certificate in Hotel/Restaurant Management is strongly desired for this position.
The position requires the ability to solve problems regarding employees, schedule changes, equipment discrepancies, simultaneous move in/outs, external events, clients disregarding procedures, space bookings/allocation problems, follow up, client complaints and conflicts.
You will also have a proven history in building, developing and implementing new creativity and trendy concepts and experience in all areas of food and beverage and have a strong banquet, culinary and wine knowledge. Working within a union environment is mandatory for this position.
This position offers an outstanding starting salary of around $110,000, plus bonuses, exceptional corporate benefit/pension package and tremendous growth potential in addition to, progressive career development with this premiere hospitality facility and organization in Canada
If you are interested in this outstanding banqueting role in Toronto and you meet ALL of the above requirements, please send your resume and cover letter in WORD format through to: email@example.com
***Please note, only Canadian Citizens and/or permanent residents with current high quality and large volume banqueting-catering management experience and knowledge will be considered. ***