Director of Engineering – St. Lucia - Caribbean
**North American experience (USA or Canada) and qualifications is mandatory**
We have been retained to find a very strong, hands on, highly skilled and a hard working Director of Engineering for a large “all-inclusive” resort located in the Caribbean. This luxury resort consists of 200+ rooms and suites, 12 F&B outlets (restaurants and bars), as well as extensive indoor and outdoor recreational facilities for families to enjoy.
As a Director of Engineering (DOE) you are responsible for all matters related to the repairs and operation of the physical plant and engineering facilities within the resort. You will also be responsible for maintaining all mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment including heating and ventilation, also the general maintenance of the resort complex.
In addition, you are required to organize and set up preventive maintenance programs for all electrical and mechanical equipment including general building works. Supervise maintenance staff and contract employees who are carrying out minor building work, electrical and mechanical installations. Liaise with all contractors, write specifications for all electrical, mechanical and associated building works complying with the local Government Regulations.
Mandatory requirements for this role are:
- At least 6-8 years of work experience as Director of Engineering in a similar large island resort or hotel with central plant and Building Management System.
- Extensive knowledge of A/C, ventilation, refrigeration systems and related refrigerants, chilled/condenser water components. While solid understanding of main/ secondary drainage (plumbing) systems; and electrical power distribution systems is very important.
- A very strong leader who is ready to “dirty his hands” (as and when required) and not just sit in his office and delegate.
- Someone who will take his responsibilities seriously and lead his team well.
- It is also very important for the DOE to be well versed in hydraulics, including balancing in waterworks/tanks; prime/standby power generation equipment and associated switchgear.
- The DOE will be financially responsible for their department, i.e. Budgeting, managing their costs and work well with the Accounting Department.
- Solid Computer Skills; Excel, Adaco, Forecasting, Budgeting and Job Costings.
- You should be able to oversee, schedule and manage his team of 15-20 staff.
- Must have experience in sewage plants, generators, and water parks.
- Island resort experience is mandatory.
Salary in the range of US$95-US$108K + benefits (open for negotiations).
Please send your resume and cover letter in WORD format through to: email@example.com