The International Host provides a personalised customer service, language assistance and translations to guests to enjoy their cruise.
- Maintains the highest level of guest satisfaction by welcoming and socialising with guests, contributing to social events during their cruise;
- Makes public announcements in the languages required and cooperates with the Program Publisher for the translation of the Daily Program & Daily Specials;
- Provides information and proactively offers suggestions and support to our guests;
- Cooperates with the Guest Service Department Documenting in case of complaints, collecting all necessary documents when and if required;
- Supports the Shore Excursions Department acting as a Tour escort when required;
- Hosts and/or participates to various games, quizzes, special events language classes;
- Conducts Orientation talks at the beginning (welcome) and end (farewell) of a cruise and Travel talks on the various destinations;
- Provides full support to the Cruise Consultant in the promotion of MSC loyalty program.
- High School Graduated;
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry, in a customer service working environment, at sea or ashore;
- Working knowledge of Office package;
- Ability to establish relationships and to speak in public;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Enthusiastic team player;
- STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
- Valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
To apply : https://www.careers.msccruises.com
Host/ess for personalized customer service onboard.